Koko-RO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerns about recent item drop

4 posters

Go down

Concerns about recent item drop Empty Concerns about recent item drop

Post by Lelouch Mon May 04, 2009 3:10 am

I think it’s best to further address Naku’s statements and last night’s discussion about item inflation and such in forums. That way anyone who wasn’t there still gets a gander at what happened. It's a little long, but we want to make sure our point comes across to avoid misunderstandings.

For those of you who missed out here’s a rapid breakdown: Items sometimes get dropped when a player quits and on this occasion, someone with quite a few rarer or stat-modifying items dropped them or traded them out after announcing a quit.

So what do the GMs have to do with it? Koko is a growing community, and items that one does not earn, but are dropped could easily purge the economy and could cause drastic imbalance.

There’s a lot to argue here, the staff has talked about it from a lot of angles for a few hours now. We’ve come to these conclusions:

Our concern lies the most with preserving the integrity of current players as does it lie with the balance and playability of the server. In interest of maintaining this, we are striving to think of a system where dropped items from a quitting player are disregarded. It’s harder than it sounds, but basically we don’t want people who earn difficult items to feel belittled by those who get them from a purge drop. We are willing to keep a list of dropped items from players for 6 weeks, but after that we’ll most likely take it out of database.

This isn’t to say that what you do with your hard earned items isn’t under your discretion. Feel free to trade your items with other players, we’re happy to see it. But a sudden purge in items, especially from a player that announces a quit, puts the balance and economy of the server in a very awkward state.

I interest of keeping things fair to as many players as we can, we are removing items dropped or traded by that quitting player once his intentions to quit were made clear.

We will not likely pursue this action as a set method for inflation control because every situation is unique. We expect (and hope) that this kind of situation isn’t very common, and being inflexible to it would present the wrong idea about what we’re trying to accomplish. But in this rare circumstance, item removal seemed the best option.

We ask that if you haven't already, please take initiative to trade these items with a GM via mail or item trade. Thank you all for your understanding in the matter.
Lelouch
Lelouch

Back to top Go down

Concerns about recent item drop Empty Re: Concerns about recent item drop

Post by Solemn Survivor Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 am

Even though I didn't completely read everything you said, I'm pretty sure you mean the best for the server, so you as a GM must do these things.

Hopefully, you and the other GMs can improve on your methods and let a couple of things slide by next time...

Best of luck
Don't keep it to professional, it's just a game
Solemn Survivor
Solemn Survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 am

We do let some things slide, but sometimes sticking to the rules or doing things to adjust balance is just necessary to keep things in everyone's best interest.

Thanks for understanding Smile
Lelouch
Lelouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm

omg freida has almost 50 posts >D i must post more :p
Dante
Dante

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuki Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Dante wrote:omg freida has almost 50 posts >D i must post more :p
lol no worries allen =P
you prob have more than i do? XD

Solemn Survivor wrote:Hopefully, you and the other GMs can improve on your methods and let a couple of things slide by next time...

Best of luck
Don't keep it to professional, it's just a game
mmm true that its a game, but everything has rules otherwise you'd just end up with chaos.=p Having exceptions may be possible, but those would have to be special cases.
Tsuki
Tsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 pm

*50's* a lot of them were nonsense, and i do get the benefit of both having to post as a GM (official junk) and a player (pretty much all the other nonsense i spew). so multiple personalities taken into consideration, i'm 25/25?
Lelouch
Lelouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum